For specific merchants who have received our email and SMS with regards to the certification update on your point of sale (POS), we request your prompt attention to upgrade the Spice security certificate before 14 July 2023 for compliance purposes and to ensure a seamless transaction experience on the terminal(s). Failure to update the certificate by 14 July 2023 may result in terminal transaction restrictions. Affected terminal details have already been sent to your corresponding email address.
How to update the Spice security certificate
On your POS device (computer):
If you're on Windows version 7 and below, no upgrade is needed.
If you're on Windows version 8 and above - follow the steps below.
- Open the Windows search box located at the bottom left of your screen.
- Type "Spice application" and select it from the search results.
- Click on "Settings" within the Spice application.
- Choose "Update & uninstall".
- Follow the on-screen prompts to download v2.0.2.
- Spice will restart automatically, and the pairing between the POS and Spice will persist through the upgrade.
A member of mx51 (Spice security certificate provider) will be in touch anytime between 9am - 5pm from 6th July to 14th July 2023 to ensure a successful certificate update on your POS. During the call, the team member will not request any PINs, passwords, or card details with regards to the update.
We kindly request your assistance in notifying the appropriate team member within your business, and ensuring that all relevant parties are made aware of this update and the scheduled call.